Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Projects Galore!

This past R&R was one of much kitchen fun. Sophia and I indulged ourselves in such projects as: Pecan Pumpkin Pie, Peanut Butter Cookies, and, shown in the pictures below, Egg Dying and Chocolate-Making.

The Eggs

We actually started out with 10 eggs, but finished with just 5, due in part to my clumsiness, and to Sophia's inexperience with the fragility of those things!

Before we got a chance to pour water and vinegar over them, Sophia attempted to eat the egg dying tablets. She couldn't undertand how something so yummy looking could be "ucky".

The Chocolates

I actually gave this bowl to her so that she could eat the remaining melted chocolate, but she just wanted to stir it instead - which was fine with me. :) (She'll figure it out soon enough, right?!)


These chocolates are a combination of pretzels, chunky peanut butter, caramel, and chocolate. Sophia's job was to get the pretzels out of the bag for me, and to hand the pieces to me for the final dip in the chocolate sauce. At our Easter Dinner, she carried a basket around and handed them out in little bags with pretty ribbon to everyone.



6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my. Looks like you guys had fun.

April 10, 2007 2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easter is so much fun with the children. You make it sound like even more fun! Do you remember your first egg hunt on Easter Sunday in Cordova, with your brother, John? You were both so cute! Love you--Mom

April 10, 2007 3:36 PM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

This is so neat BE--what a blessed little girl to have such a fun and interested Mommy in letting her learn hands on--you're creating a domestic goddess!!!

April 10, 2007 5:07 PM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

That is so cute, she just wanted to stir...you're right soon enough she will be asking to lick every spoon. My kids ask everytime I make something....I always so no, raw eggs.

April 11, 2007 7:31 AM  
Blogger Rebeca said...

Yummm.... and great pictures too! I enjoyed catching up on your blog today!

April 11, 2007 1:48 PM  
Blogger Tater said...

sophia's expressions kill me! they always make me laugh.

April 13, 2007 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home