Monday, April 02, 2007

A Perfect Day

Saturday was the first full day we spent together as a family in about three weeks. It was better than I ever could have imagined it. I met my goal last week of getting up before Sophia everyday, so Saturday was a great excuse to wait for Isaac to bring my baby girl into the bed so that we could cuddle. Breakfast was divine, of course, french toast with yoghurt and berries and real maple syrup. We took a drive to "Old Town Valdez", which is where the town was prior to the earthquake of '64, and walked the trail all the way back to the water.

A large part of it Sophia got to walk herself. The snow was nice and compacted, so she was able to keep up pretty good. We were amazed by the warm weather, which hit a high of 41 degrees, so we all enjoyed a little time without our big coats.


I've lived in Alaska almost my entire life, but I never cease to be amazed by its beauty. As we walked the trail back to the water, only our voices could be heard, the rest was silence created by the thick layer of snow all around us. And to think, God made this for our enjoyment. He knew we would need beauty, so he created so much that one person could never see all of it on this earth, even if they tried.

Sophia loved the birds, and the water, and really didn't want to leave, but the wind started to pick up and the shelter of the trees on the trail was a big relief. Back at home, we ate soup for lunch and all took naps.




A perfect day, if you ask me.

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That does sound like a perfect day.

April 02, 2007 2:04 PM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

Wow! so glad you had a nice day out! You deserve it.

April 02, 2007 3:17 PM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

How wonderful--I get such a kick out of seeing photos of you all going to places for walks where you've taken me--to be able to see it in the Fall, now the winter is really neat. I'm getting so excited about my time with you coming up!

April 02, 2007 3:30 PM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

The Encourager says:

God gave a perfect day and you're blest.

He will always give you His best.

He gives you a song
as you walk along

And then back home for a rest.

April 02, 2007 4:14 PM  
Blogger 4theloveofmyfamily said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast. You three (soon to be 4!) are such a beautiful family.

April 02, 2007 4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I especially love last picture. Just beautiful.

April 02, 2007 4:50 PM  
Blogger opax said...

Great pictures and story, Belle Etoile.
A perfect day usually includes family naps.

April 02, 2007 9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you all had such a perfect day. We're still wearing our coats here in Anchorage.
Love you--Mom

April 03, 2007 6:50 AM  
Blogger LauraLee said...

It amazes me the beauty that you are raising that little girl around. I wonder what she thinks about the scenery here in CA when she visits.... Not much can compare with those sights. How fun!

April 04, 2007 10:38 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

What a wonderful day! We've really been enjoying getting out in the recent warmth of the sun too... I thought it might never warm up after our cold winter!

April 05, 2007 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home