Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Craft Weekend

Sunday evening I returned from spending the weekend with some of my very best friends (including my mom) at the Alaskan Leopard B&B on the Hillside of Anchorage for a Scrapbook/Quilting/Sewing Weekend. The whole B&B was ours for the weekend, and was filled with laughter, discussion, movies, glasses of fine wine (for the ones who weren't pregnant :)), great food, and lots of work on our different projects. I was able to complete the first in a series of scrapbooks on Isaac and my life together - starting with when we met and finishing with when we got married. I have a tendency to put together certain events in our life on album pages, and never really form them into an album, so it was very nice to feel that accomplishment.

It was wonderful having time to hang out with the girls. So much was discussed: love, family, births and deaths, funny memories, religion, and faith. Coming away from the weekend I realized that fellowship is not something that can only happen during Bible Study, or Church Service, it can happen anywhere. It happened this weekend, and it was something I needed more than I knew.

So, thanks girls - Staci, Jacquelyn, Jessica, and Mom - for joining me on our get away. Can't wait to do it again (soon).

p.s. I'll try to post pictures soon. Blogger's not cooperating with me, again.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh how fabulous! I'm so glad you had such a nice time.

March 13, 2007 11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were in Anchorage probably right near where we live! I'm so glad you had a relaxing weekend. I totally agree about fellowship. Sometimes it comes in very unexpected, and very needed ways. Will you still be heading this way in April? I do hope so.

March 13, 2007 7:01 PM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

So glad to hear of the great success of your weekend! Fred used to define fellowship as "two fellows in a boat headed the same way." Cute huh? It feels that way when you share so many things on a genuine and real level!

March 14, 2007 6:27 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

I'm glad you had such a great weekend! Hopefully I'll be able to come to the fall retreat, I hope to be working a lot less by then (although I'll also have a newborn by then too!). I love your new countdown ticker by the way!

March 14, 2007 6:32 AM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

yeah, weekend getaways are the best!! I am glad you had a great time and got lots done.

March 14, 2007 9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, sweetie, for such a special weekend. Not only was it fun, but I accomplished so much with the mini-wedding scrapbook. Pete really liked it. Can hardly wait to do it again.
Love you--Mom

March 15, 2007 1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, sweetie, for such a special weekend. Not only was it fun, but I accomplished so much with the mini-wedding scrapbook. Pete really liked it. Can hardly wait to do it again.
Love you--Mom

March 15, 2007 1:27 PM  
Blogger Belle Etoile said...

Good cause I'm already busy planning another one. :)

March 15, 2007 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home