Monday, February 05, 2007

Tea Time = Down Time






I've somehow managed to hurt the tendon that connects to my right thumb. Now, when I move my thumb, I get a shock of pain down my arm that's almost crippling. My doctor made this splint for me on Friday, which has helped out a lot. I no longer have to think about not moving my thumb, at least, I just have to do things like remember to hit the space bar with my right pointer finger.

I sat this morning drinking some cherry-vanilla tea while Sophia finished her snack. I poured a little of it into one of her play teacups and before I knew it we were having our own little tea party. She'd stop between sips to raise her cup for a "cheers" and to announce, "Phia Tea!". She's getting extremely good these days at "self-praising". We hear the words "Yay Phia" about 20 times a day after she accomplishes all tasks: eating all her dinner or putting her socks on (again and again). She's also getting better and better at cheering her mama up. She reminds me how having only one fully functional hand is actually very useful for passing off the duty of changing messy diapers. :)

All jokes aside, though, she knows how to cheer me up faster than anyone else. Sometimes it just takes her smile, other times it takes climbing up onto the couch next to me to cuddle and watch a documentary on The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill.

Either way, she knows her mama best.


Happy 23rd month of cheering Mama up, Sophia!

6 Comments:

Blogger Tater said...

Looks like most of the tea ended up on her shirt! Fun none the less. Love you.

February 05, 2007 4:00 PM  
Blogger auntibeck said...

You two look just alike in the video watching shot! Cheers!

February 05, 2007 5:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So sweet. Isn't it nice to have to relax. Just what the doctor ordered.

February 05, 2007 8:28 PM  
Blogger The Chindo said...

Believe it or not, there are some wild Amazon parrots that live near here. I think I'll grab a tea to go and see if I can't catch a picture of them for you too.

February 06, 2007 6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you and Sophia are enjoying each other's company during your r & r. When you get a chance, go see "Pursuit of Happyness". It is the best movie I've seen in a long time, and so imspirational.
Love you all--Mom

February 06, 2007 11:16 AM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

you guys look so cute together having tea and snuggling on the couch, I hope your hand feels better.

February 06, 2007 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home