Thursday, February 22, 2007

Sophiecdotes

Sophia has learned how to open the blinds in the living room. I haven't seen her actually do it yet, as it's usually dark by the time I get home, but I did get to "hear" her doing it this morning. I was on the phone with Isaac when suddenly he admitted that Sophia just caused him to flash the neighborhood in his boxers. Luckily no one was walking by at the moment, and we have no neighbors across the street from us, so he wasn't ever really in much danger to begin with. It was still a crack up, though.

*

Some of you have heard this story, I know, but I really love it. A couple of weeks ago I was pushing Sophia home from our neighbor's house (who lives over 1/2 mile away) and it was pretty chilly. A little windy, too, especially as we hit the portion of the walk that is the side of the highway. I had a little baggy of apples that she asked for, so I took them out of my pocket and she immediately tore off both gloves in preparation for eating them. There were about 8 pieces in all, and once she only had one or two left she looked up at me, and then back down at her little red hands, and said, "Warm all gone." As if it's just a fact of life: sometimes hands are warm in gloves and other times they're exposed to the freezing air. My little Alaskan baby....


By the way, I thought you all might want to see how long Sophia's hair would be if it wasn't SO curly!


10 Comments:

Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

i think it's amazing that her hair can still have some curl in it when it's soaking wet.

i also think it's a challenge to have a daughter who's so proud of her dad she likes to show him off whenever.

February 22, 2007 4:07 PM  
Blogger Belle Etoile said...

Yes, she's so sweet like that. :)

February 22, 2007 4:31 PM  
Blogger coolskool mom said...

lol, that is funny and she is so cute in her little tub

February 22, 2007 5:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Such a little cutie. That is amazing hair isn't it???

February 22, 2007 6:59 PM  
Blogger Rebeca said...

I've enjoyed visiting your blog today. My daughter is going to be two in a month and it's such a fun age. Enjoy her!

February 23, 2007 1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been fun to read your posts lately. Sophia is precious. I love the picture of her laughing while you're making cookies. When I see it I can think of nothing but pure joy. I can't wait to meet you both. Are you still planning a trip in April?

February 24, 2007 10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sophia in the tub looks so much like you, sweetie. Brings back memories of you when you were young. Love you--Mom

February 25, 2007 9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I've only had the blog for about 2 weeks. For some reason I thought a blog was a lot more difficult to maintain than it actually is. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I've been having fun with it myself. Unitl we get to see you three I'll be keeping up with you guys via blog as well. :)

February 25, 2007 9:45 AM  
Blogger Rebeca said...

Thanks for your comment about the Monkey Cake! I answered your question there in the comments.

February 26, 2007 1:52 PM  
Blogger Tater said...

sophia trying to embarass family members, yet another similarity with her auntie tara. she is getting so cute. i can hardly believe it. i show her off all the time to my coworkers and to dan. i love you.

February 26, 2007 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home